Are you in that mid-week slump and just can’t think of what to make for dinner? Or maybe it’s a lazy weekend afternoon and you just want something easy to make? Well, I have a recipe that is both easy and delicious. This Baked Ricotta Chicken is melt in your mouth delicious and you can make it in under a half an hour. And you honestly probably already have all the ingredients to make it in your pantry and fridge.
- 2 pre-packaged Italian seasoned chicken breasts (each package comes with 3 chicken breasts already marinated with the Italian seasoning, these can be found at “Shop n’ Save”)
- 2 Tbsp. olive oil
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 2 cups ricotta cheese
- 1 cup grated mozzarella cheese
- 1/4 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/8 tsp. pepper
- pinch of nutmeg
- 1 box of spaghetti noodles
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees
- Combine the cheeses, salt, pepper and nutmeg in a bowl
- Heat olive oil in an ovenproof skillet and brown the chicken breasts on both sides but do not cook the chicken all the way through. Remove the chicken from the skillet and set aside on a plate.
- Keep skillet on and pour in the canned tomatoes and scrape up any of the browned bits of the chicken, remove the skillet from the heat and add the chicken breasts back to the skillet
- Evenly place scoops of the cheese mixture onto the chicken breasts until all of the chicken is used. Place skillet into and oven and bake for 20 minutes or until chicken is cooked through and cheese is melted.
- Serve over cooked spaghetti noodles